All job and volunteer opportunities for Digital Explorer
Digital Explorer is a social enterprise that engages young people in global issues for a better future. As part of this, we connect classrooms with expeditions and scientists across the world, making learning real for thousands of young people. Our unique projects utilise the latest communication technologies to bring the frontier of science and exploration live to the classroom.
We are seeking a highly motivated PR & Communications Volunteer to work two days a week for a minimum of three months. During those three months, you will:
- Work on communications plans
- Coordinate with local, educational and national media and journalists
- Maintain and develop a database of press contacts
- Monitor coverage of Digital Explorer in the press and online
- Promote and market Digital Explorer’s projects through news updates, press and our website
- Collate quotes, photos and feedback from expedition participants, partners and schools
- Maintain curriculum content on Digital Explorer platforms
- Conduct research
- Liaise with schools on live education events
We need a bright, enthusiastic, capable person who is looking to build their experience working in a social enterprise. This opportunity would be ideal for anyone seeking a career in project management or communications in the voluntary sector.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Administrative experience
- Good computer skills (especially knowledge of MS Office)
- Ability to work independently and to find innovative solutions to challenges
- Ability to manage tasks on a tight timeframe
- Willing and able to commit to two days per week for a minimum of three months
This isn’t your average volunteer placement — we’re not looking for someone to make the tea and do our stapling. We have a highly regarded volunteer scheme that encourages people to use their strengths and gives them the opportunity to make recognisable contributions to our projects.
In return for your time, we’ll pay your travel and lunch expenses, give you advice on your CV and interview techniques and provide you with a reference. You will gain solid experience that will make a real difference to a world-class, award-winning social enterprise. This is an impressive and unique role that will make you stand out from the crowd.
If you are enthused and excited by this role then we want to hear from you: to apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com