Digital Explorer is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about Digital Explorer that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you
2. How your information is used
3. Who is collecting your information
4. With whom your information may be shared
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
6. How you can access, update or delete your information
7. How Digital Explorer treats your personal information
8. About children’s privacy
9. The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
1. What personally identifiable information does Digital Explorer collect from me?
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
• per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and
• persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie) . These cookies are used to store state information between visits to a site.
We use persistent cookies to provide certain services, so that you do not have to log-in repeatedly between visits.
For instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
2. How does Digital Explorer use my information?
Digital Explorer uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the Digital Explorer website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Digital Explorer alone unless stated otherwise.
4. With whom does Digital Explorer share your information?
As a general rule, Digital Explorer will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
5. What are my choices regarding, collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about Digital Explorer’s future projects, we will send you communications regarding Digital Explorer’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise.
Digital Explorer does not sell, rent or share user information with anyone.
6. What is Digital Explorer’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Digital Explorer. If you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write to Digital Explorer, Arch 462, Kingsland Viaduct, 83 Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3AY UK with the details.
7. How does Digital Explorer protect my personal identifiable information?
Digital Explorer is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What about children’s privacy?
The safety of children is very important to us. Our website education pages do not require nor collect personal information from children. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online.
For more information about staying safe online, visit: www.thinkuknow.co.uk/.
9. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give Digital Explorer personal information, that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Digital Explorer cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.